Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been taking Combodart for about 18 months for…

Customer Question
Hello. My husband has been taking...
Hello.
My husband has been taking Combodart for about 18 months for enlarged prostate. For 2 or 3 months now he has been suffering with blocked nose a night resulting in poor sleep, and runny nose during day, with occasional signs of blood. Constipation has also become a problem, plus general fatigue and anxiety. He is 70 and seems to have 'aged' these past few months. Having now researched Combodart, I see these are all side effects. These symptoms have crept up slowly but are now continually evident resulting in him feeling quite poorly some days.
At last specialist visit in November, when my husband was given a prescription for another 6 moths, the specialist said the prostate had decreased in size.
Does one have to be 'weaned' off Combodart slowly, or can they be stopped immediately, so we can test to see if these symptoms also stop.
Thanking you in advance for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
1/17/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Hi. Sorry to hear about his problems. The Combodart can be stopped immediately to see if this is what is causing his symptoms. It may take a few weeks for the medication to flush out of his system. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist