How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 64704
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 6 year old daughter is complaining of pain and a bubbling

Customer Question

My 6 year old daughter is complaining of pain and a bubbling feeling after she pees. She is hypersensitive anyway and very intelligent. She went through a period last year with this and it progressed so bad that she eventually wouldn't wear any clothes and would rage out after she peed. She said it was so bad she just wished she was never born. She would hold her pee for 17 hrs at a time because she was afraid to pee. We found out she had some food allergies. After removing the foods she is or rather was back to normal. Just recenlty she is complaining again of the painfully bubbling. She was tested for uti and it was negative. Any ideas, drs seem to be at a loss and say it will just pass and no big deal, but it is a big deal. She is scared it is going to go back to how bad it was last year. I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn. Could it be sensitivity to food dyes or some kind of bacteria dying off causing bubbles or yeast? The PA gave her fluconazole. I started her on it today
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


This is not a typical symptom of food allergy.

It can be infection, and they can miss infection.

It can be a sensitivity tosomething on her clothes.

It can be a pelvic pain problem, which usually resolves it self, and is helped by physical therapy as well.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand it's not a typical symptom, but last year it was the only thing that gave any relief. The egg, wheat, dairy and almond were IGg allergies and the otheres were just sensitivities. We say 3 doctors, 1 urologist, one allergist and one psychologist. One doctor said we should just start her on ocd meds! No! At the worst of it we were thinking it might be PANDAS. We removed the 4 main things and she had some relief, and after removing the othe sensitive foods for 4 months and reintroducing them we saw even more improvement. She did 2 rounds of nystatin and an herbal parisite clease and seemed to get back to normal until now. She has had vitamin levels tested, and OAT test done, blood titer tested for strep, lime disease, and mycoplasm. She has had a sleep study done and has been checked for urinary tract infection and yeast infections. OAT test showed high in parisites and yeast. She has had Pin worms twice. Something is screwy with her immune system, but nobody wants to stick with her to figure out the cause. We are a healthy family. I refrain from meds as much as possible, gave her probiotics after any meds she did have to have and I nursed her for a year. We eat healthy, no pop, candy only on special occasions, organic when possible, and I cook from scratch. Ive read on a form of other woman that complain of the bubble feeling. Someone said that it could be a bacteria that when it dies off causes oxygen. I dont know where to go or what to ask for. Any suggestions on what kind of bacteria to test for?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

There is no objective evidence, since you have removed the offending agents, that this is infectious, or an immune problem.

However, this can well be hyperactive pelvic function, and the correct therapy, or even acupuncture, can settle that down.

Correct bowel flora might settle this down as well, as this has multiple effects.

I suggest you take her to a functional medicine specialist, these MDs are trained beyond their own specialty, and I am sure there are plenty of family doctors and pediatricians who are certified now.

You can find a list of evidence based natural medicine doctors here

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.