Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

When my husband pushed very hard to have a bowel movement he

Customer Question

When my husband pushed very hard to have a bowel movement he felt a pain in his pens and now he has blood coming out of his penis
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Is he passing blood clots? Is he able to urinate to empty his bladder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is urinating and the urine is yellow and then there are drops of blood in it. It burned the first time he went but not now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has urinated now 4 times and each time the burning is less and the last time it did not burn and there is less blood coming out.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The pain he has sounds like he is bleeding from a urinary tract infection or prostatitis. This could've been precipitated by the bow movement. I would recommend that he get to an urgent care center or emergency room to have a urine culture done to see if he needs to be started on antibiotics. He will then need to be referred to a urologist as an outpatient to fully evaluate the cause of the bleeding with cystoscopy and a CT scan. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my reply?