Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My left testicle hurts and only the left testicle and it's

Customer Question
not always constant but, when...
My left testicle hurts and only the left testicle and it's not always constant but, when it does hurt I feel like I can barely walk. It hurts when sitting for a extended period as well. And it seems as if it hurts the most and the worst at night. I also have a discharge after but never before I pee that is clear and sometimes a milky color. It does not hurt, burn, or sting during urination. No swelling or redness and no lumps. I am also having trouble keeping an erection for any extended period of time. It comes and goes. And in a flaccid state the tubes running the length of the shaft feel hard... Kinda brittle feeling but it doesn't hurt. This has been going on for a little over 2 months now. Also I have not had sex in 3 months. Family Physician thought it to be an STD but, I told her it had been a month After I had sex that this started.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
1/6/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Sometimes, the symptoms of an STD can present in a delayed mentor such as what it sounds like it's happening to you. Your symptoms are consistent with prostatitis which could be due to an STD. If you have not been tested for STDs by your doctor, they need to test you for STDs. We need to do a urine culture as well and they should put you on a course of antibiotics such as Cipro for 4 to 6 weeks to treat this difficult infection. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Do STD's not give certain sensations? Such as burning, itching, painful urination, stinging, or trouble urinating? None of which are present in my case? Also I failed to mention that the tube that tuns from my body to the left testicle for lack of a better way to explain is what is hurting the most and I think that is what is causing the discomfort in the testicle. Do STD's not effect both testicles?

You don't always have to have burning with STDs. Sometimes, people only present with this charge from the retreat. It does sound like your epididymis is inflamed causing epididymitis. This is typically the first save infection before it actually goes to the testicle. You probably have an infected prostate, testicle in the goodness in this is what is causing all your symptoms. You need to get in to be tested

Alright thank you for your time and help.

You're very welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist