Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I really would like some clarification to how gential herpes

Customer Question
Hello I really would like...
Hello I really would like some clarification to how gential herpes is transmitted. I was with a girl on several occasions where I was fully clothed and she was naked, we would have "dry sex" because I wasn't ready to take it to the next level. Dry sex consisted of her riding me as if we were having sex for long periods of time. She also would touch her vagina and would then touch my arm, but at no point did I ever take my pants off so my gentials never touched her vagina. Is there a risk? My doctor told me absolutely not!! Along with several other doctors but I just want to be safe. To sum up my penis never left my pants so my jeans and underwear always were on but my shirt was off. Before I thought about taking it to the next level I had her tested and she came back positive for hsv 2. She never knew she had it and never had an outbreak. Please help me in letting me know if i was at risk So I took a igg type specific test at around 7 or 8 weeks after possible exposure and my results came back negative. They say the proper time is 3 months but they assured me I was fine at this point. I'm going crazy thinking about it and I'm feeling all kinds of pain and weird things down there and it's been on and off for the past 6 months. Again I never had sex, oral, anal or even kissed this girl so in other words I never had gential to gential contact and my test were negative can I put this past me??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did my message go through?
1/3/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Yes. You can definitely put this past you. Warts are transmitted through direct gentian skin contact. Since you tested negative, you can be doubly sure you don't have warts. You should discuss getting the herpes virus vaccine to protect against gentian warts. Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was hoping the time frame I tested in was good enough
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tested at about 8 weeks after last exposure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The vein in my penis underneath really hurts and I'm urinating very often

8 weeks may not be enough time for the test to be accurate, but your risk is essentially zero so the test is not needed. I don't know what is causing that pain, but it is definitely not warts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to sum up I need not to worry about gential herpes seeing that my pants stayed on and there was no gential to gential contact and it can go through clothes for example go through my jeans from her vagina
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant can't go through the jeans

That is correct.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist