How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a few rough patches along the shaft of my penis.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a few rough patches along the shaft of my penis. There are 5 of them, darker then the skin, on either side of that underside tube (I believe it is called the corpus spongiosum?). They are flat, cause no real pain unless irritated or scraped at the side, and have a beaded appearance. They also seem to be growing. I am 42 years old and have only started noticing this in the last year or so. I have had the same sexual partner for over 5 years and no sexual contact beyond that person in that time. I have been working away from my wife for over and year and have masturbated quite a lot (possibly due to work stress and distance.) I am VERY worried this is gential warts, but it might also be due to the frequent friction too. I did have a planter's wart on my hand as a child.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to remove them and prevent (if possible) their return. My guest is that I will have to see a doctor soon but if I have a better idea what to due it will help the costs. Two of the spots seem raised but the other three are not.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post a photo of the spots so I can try to help you determine what this is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a few photos, as close up as my phone allows.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

These are almost certainly gentian warts. You need to see a urologist for an exam and they can remove these under local anesthesia is the office by cutting them out or they can remove them in the operating room with a laser. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.