Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Cannot uinate due to prostsa is swollen I as taking prostate

Customer Question

Customer: cannot uinate due to prostsa is swollen I as taking prostate revive but this happened overnight with the bladder
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am 87 male i believe that my prostste is blockin the discharge of the bladder. is there anything i can take to relieve the prostate i believe that this is the problem. this happened overnight ??? paul thnk you
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i can wait. yes 18 $ isresonable
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

There's nothing that you're going to be able to do to relieve the blockage. If the prostate is this swollen, you will need to have a catheter placed inside the water to drain in until the swelling goes away. You will need to go to the emergency room to have this done. They need to do a urine culture as well to identify what bacteria may be causing the swelling so they and start yelling culture as well to identify what bacteria may be causing the swelling so they can start you on the appropriate antibiotics. Hope this helps.