Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Groin, testicular pain On october 20, 2015, I had a popup

Customer Question

Groin, testicular pain Hi, On october 20, 2015, I had a popup sound while having intercourse near the left pelvis region, I got panicked and removed it. Once I removed I lost erection immediately. Next day I went to emergency they took urine test and said its normal and to take rest. First 2 days I didnot feel any erection and it hanging loosely, but after 3rd day penis became hard. day by day it improved. Currently I am having erection very easily no issues with that. But I feel pain near left bottom of penis and testicle joint I think it on spermatic cord. Pain gets severe when I sit and but while walking it seems little fine. From Nov 11, 2015 onwards I took ibuprofen 200mg 3 times a day and had heating pad and also I tried ice but still experience pain and I am taking rest.my left testicle became very loose. I had ultrasound which came normal and also MRI which was normal but doctor was suspection penile suspensory ligament and told me it will take time to heal. Other than pain I am concerned with is developed a varicose vein on left side of penis, I do not know what it is called. SO can you tell me is it anything which needs surgery or just rest is fine. from 2 months i tried to take rest and walked less now I am having issues with legs feeling legs, ankle, knee pain, heaviness in legs sometimes not able to walk. Is there a chance I had nerve damage which is causing poor blood circulation to my limbs? On jan 4th I have appointment with urologist. Apart from it should I check with vein specialist or neurologist please provide your suggestions.
Symptoms:
Groin, testicale, spermatic cord pain, pain on left veins on penis
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
added photo
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you may have injured the suspensory ligament to the penis. This pain can take several months to completely go away. You should continue to take anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen as you are. The weakness in your lower extremities is completely unrelated to this event. I don't know what is causing that but you need to see your primary doctor to evaluate that. They may need to send you to a neurology specialist to figure out what is going on. Varicoceles are also very common in men and almost always occur on the left side. They are completely harmless and nothing needs to be done about this. Basically, you just need to give your injury more time to heal and continue to take the anti-inflammatory. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ibuprofen is it just to reduce pain? if so I can manage with pain. I am afraid long term use of ibuprofen will effect my health.I get pain on left veins and base of penis when erected and also from past 3 days I am not getting full erections.note: did you the photo attached?questions:1. can I go normal day to day activities, and also cycling, running will it impact the damage
2. I did have MRI of pelvis not of penis, does MRI of pelvis show penis fractures. or should I take penis MRI
3. any chance of damage to corpus cavernosum
4. any surgical options ? will I be normal again?
5. how about cavernosography, do you think its better to have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also how can you say it may suspensory ligament. I believe suspensory ligament is in middle, not on left side of pelvis right.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I saw the photo. The suspensory ligament is deep to the area where you have drawn your arrow. I can't be sure of anything without being able to examine you. But this is what I suspect based on what you tell me in your history.

You can go about your daily activities without causing any damage. An MRI of the pelvis will not show a penis fracture if the penis was not completely seen in the MRI. Even if you had a penis fracture, at this point, nothing further can be done about it as it is too late. You just have to allow it to heal. But this does not sound like a fracture of the penis. There may be potential damage the corpus cavernosum but there's no way for me to tell without being able to examine you. Again, nothing can be done this far out from your injury except to give it time to heal. No other imaging studies at this point will be beneficial. The best thing is a physical examination by a urologist to actually examine your penis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think If I give time to heal, whether its penis fracture or damage to corpus cavernosum, will I be normal say after 6 months or an year to do sex normally. Or its permanently damaged???
when I went to urologist, he mentioned it may be suspensory ligament. but I didnot take MRI of penis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the picture, i mentioned in popup sound here text, no arrow is there.. just want to make sure U looked correctly.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I looked at it correctly. Yo can have sex safely as soon as the pain is low enough that it is tolerable. It is not permanently damaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't answer on ibuprofen, is it just reduces pain or it will help in healing.
If it just reduces pain I do not want to take.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

It just decreases the pain

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think, collagen type 2 will help for faster ligament cure, and help in connective tissue?and vit d3 and collagen can be taken together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Collagen is not anything you can take to make this heal.Vitamin D3 is not going to help either. There is nothing you can take to make this heal faster. You just have to give it time to heal.