Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My name is ***** *****. I suddenly began peeing blood this

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****. I suddenly began peeing blood this morning. It's also difficult to pee. I go through waves where I have to pee, but it just hurts. And it's just bloody. I even peed some bloody clots. I'm looking to go my doctor tomorrow, but since this popped up, I replied. It's probably very serious so I'm concerned. This happened a few months ago, but it went away the next day. A day hasn't passed, but this is worse than the last time so I guess i shouldn't have done nothing then.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I suddenly began peeing blood this morning. It's also difficult to pee. I go through waves where I have to pee, but it just hurts. And it's just bloody. I even peed some bloody clots. I'm looking to go my doctor tomorrow, but since this popped up, I replied. It's probably very serious so I'm concerned. This happened a few months ago, but it went away the next day. A day hasn't passed, but this is worse than the last time so I guess i shouldn't have done nothing then.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
12/28/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Do you have a history of smoking? How old are you? What is your gender?

I don't smoke, never have. I'm 51 and male.

If you are having problems peeling and are passing clots, this is a sign of serious bleeding that cannot wait until tomorrow. You need to go to the ER now to be seen. They need to do a CT scan and call in a urologist to figure out what is bleeding so they can stop it. It could be infection, stones, or even tumors of the urinary tract. You need to have his evaluated now before you cannot urinate at all, which will cause severe pain. Hope this helps.

Okay, I'm going right now.
Thank you I'm really scared and I don't have insurance, but I guess I have no choice.

Ok. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

No. You don't have a choice as this is getting serious.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist