How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My penis, when hard, seems to be broken. It has an indented

Customer Question

My penis, when hard, seems to be broken. It has an indented band around the circumference; and at that band, it bends to the left, and acts, when I move it around with my hand, like it is broken there. Very worried. I am 63. thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The condition you have is likely Peyronie's disease which is due to scar tissue formation on the penis. This is due to microtrauma to the penis over the years that you may or may not have recognized. Unfortunately, there's not much they can be done to regain the length. However, the curvature can be treated with medications such as trental to try to help dissolve the scar tissue. If the medications don't work and your curvature is so bad that it prevents you from having intercourse, then you may need surgery to straighten the penis out assuming that you can get an erection with the aid of medications such as Viagra or Cialis. If you cannot get any erections and your penis is curved, then the only way to solve this problem is to have a penile implant placed into the penis by your urologist. You need to see a urologist to discuss all your treatment options for this disease. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.