How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20141
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had type 2 diabetes and have had one stent 10 years.

Customer Question

I have had type 2 diabetes and have had one stent for approx 10 years. My prostate was non-surgically removed 9 months ago due to prostate cancer. Otherwise, I am in reasonably good health with prescribed medications. I am thinking of using prescribed
trimix for ED. Is that a good idea, what are the ingredients in trimix, how long should I expect to use the trimix and is it safe?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.


Non surgically means radiation therapy or hormone injections ?

Have you tried medications like cialis , viagra or levitra ?

How is your cardiac status now ?

What medications do you take for the cardiac problem?

Please let me know.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Tharun;My prostate was removed by "lazer" surgery March 2015
I have tried the three pills, I took Cialis for about two-three years until my prostate removal because of cancer.
I experience no cardiac problems at this time.
I am not taking any medicine for cardiac except one aspirin daily'.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.


If the pills are not working then next option could be intra penile injections - It could be CAevrject , Bi Mix or Tri-Mix.

Caverject is commercial preparation and can be bought, but bimix and trimix have to be prepared by a pharmacist locally with a prescription.

You should try caverject first and then move to bimix or trimix.These injections are quite effective but have the risks of local injury , pain, bleeding etc.

Much better option is a penile implant which is much safer and easier to use and has no failure rate except infection.