How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Foley cath Put in 7 days ago. Had bowel resection couldn't

Customer Question

Foley cath Put in 7 days ago. Had bowel resection couldn't void bladder spasms . Cath placed! Appointment with dr for removable in 3 days. But feeling pain in bladder and powerful urge to void, but of course Cath is in so not possible. Minor burning no fever should I go to ER?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No, you do not need to go to the emergency room for this. The sensations you're having bladder spasms due to the irritation from the catheter in the bladder. You need to call your doctor and they can prescribe a medication called oxybutynin to stop the bladder spasms. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.