Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My husband had a radical prostatectomy in August and they

Customer Question

My husband had a radical prostatectomy in August and they spared half the nerves. While masturbating this morning he actually ejaculated fluids. It was slimy and did not smell like urine. What is going on? They removed the entire prostate! How is this possible? We both witnessed this.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does he need to see a doctor about this. He said it's the first time its ever happened.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

Hi

During the surgery the whole prostate is removed and the vas deferens are cut. So the seminal fluid cannot come into the urethra.

But there are small urethral gland which gets stimulated during sexual activity. They can secrets clear slimy secretions

Probably that is what got expelled during ejaculation. There is nothing to worry about it.

If you have any questions or doubts, please let me know.

Dr.Tharun