Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a CT scan that showed some calcification at the bottom

Customer Question

i had a CT scan that showed some calcification at the bottom of the bladder. A cystocopy will be done next week, Should I be concerned of cancer?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you smoke? Have you seen blood in the urine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I smoked earlier in life, on and off, but completely quit about 5 years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a microscopic amount of blood, red blood cells. but not gross hemituria
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. This risk of cancer in this case is less than 1%. The reason you have the microscopic blood is from the stone in the bladder. Your urologist needs to do a procedure to remove the stone from the bladder and then figure out why you made the stone in the first place. This could be from prostate blockage from an enlarged prostate and you may need to be started on medication to treat an enlarged prostate. Hope this helps.