Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a UTI, Culture confirmed. I started Bactrim yesterday

Customer Question

I have a UTI, Culture confirmed. I started Bactrim yesterday and have been on it 24 hours. My symptoms are no better but no worse and I still have a low grade fever. Should I continue with the Bactrim? I just want to feel better.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Was the bacteria you had sensitive to Bactrim based on the results of the urine culture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. Should I call and ask for that?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. That is the critical information to help determine if you are on the correct antibiotic or not. If it is sensitive to Bactrim, then you need to continue the course as directed. If it is not sensitive to Bactrim, then you need to be deity to the correct antibiotic based on the urine culture results. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bacteria was sensitive to bactrim. So that's good but I woke up this morning with a bloody nose. Should I stop the Bactrim?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No continue the Bactrim. Hold pressure on the nose for 5 minutes and the bleeding should stop. This is not related to the Bactrim. Hope this helps