How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My penis has gotten swollen and red it burns when I pee and

Customer Question

My penis has gotten swollen and red it burns when I pee and I think puss is coming out from it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see a doctor right away at the ER or urgent care center

you most likely have a sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea or chlamydia infection in your penis causing the pus

at the ER, they can do a penile culture to know what infection is causing the pus

and they can give you treatment which can fix this infection.

do you have an ER or urgent care center where you can go right away and see a doctor?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today

You need to get a urine routine, urine culture and pus swab culture done immediately. The tests can reveal if you are infected with a sexually transmitted infection, and if so what infectious organism, base don that you will be given antibiotics.

Pus anywhere should be drained and should not be neglected.

Please visit the doctor [dermatologist] immediately, if not visit ER.

Request you to leave a positive rating! A bonus is highly appreciated!

Wish you a speedy recovery. Don't forget to rate, as experts are compensated in Just answer only after a positive rating.

Thanks for that!

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am glad the other expert agreed with my assessment of the pus coming out of your penis.

pus from the penis isn't drained like an abscess.

you should visit the ER or a urologist ( doctor for male urinary problems)

dermatologist are skin doctors and would not be the first doctors to see about pus coming out of the penis.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.