Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I am 63 and have had genital herpes for about some 20 yrs. I…

Customer Question
I am 63 and have...
I am 63 and have had genital herpes for about some 20 yrs. I had it under control all these times, its recurrence is irregular sometimes it can be a yr in between. Two weeks ago, it appeared with some bro***** *****ning on my skin (uncircumcised) where I think it's the retracting area is and then pus appeared in follow. The herpes itself seemed to get better overtime but broken (split) area did not seem to change from infected and cause fever and itch a lot. I have to put ice pad 24 hrs. When I go out I have to carry ice with me for soothing. What could this be. The split area is almost from left to right and with pus, and 1 milimether wide. Please let me know what do you think I might have in addition to herpes. My whole penis feels so sensitive at touch, not even underwear can be worn.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
11/18/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Please post a photo of the affected area.

how do I post additional picture requested by Dr. Y. I am not satisfied yet.

Use the paperclip icon on the desktop application to attach a photo.

I have not received any answer except asking me to post the picture of the affected area. I tried to copy and paste but it does not seem to work.

You have to attach the photo using the paperclip icon to upload the photo.

Dr. Y, this is the pic you requested.

This looks like a condition called balanoposthitis. This is typically due to a fungal infection. You need to get into see your doctor or a urologist for an examination and they likely need to prescribe a steroid and antifungal cream such as betamethasone with clotrimazole. This could take 6 to 8 weeks to completely heal. Hope this helps.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist