Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I had an encounter with a female a week and a half ago.

Customer Question
Hi, I had an encounter...
Hi, I had an encounter with a female a week and a half ago. While my penis was erect and she was next to me she came closer and it was squished a bit and I felt a sharp pain but not intolerable. We continued even though I had a minor discomfort. I received oral sex. Throughout the course of the week though the discomfort became worse. Whenever my penis would be moved I sometimes felt a sharp pain. I continued to masturbate 1-2x a day.
I was checked for STDs and came out negative for all (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HSV-1, HSV-2, HIV Type1, HIV Type 2, HepA, Hep B, Hep C)
One week after the incident I was inspecting my penis and was bending it up and down in a flacid state to see if it was ok. When bending it, it got even worse. Now I have a 5/10 discomfort. Sometimes when my penis is touched in a bad way it spikes to an 8/10. It has never hurt when I pee, I have no discharge. The penis does not externally look different. I went to the emergency room and requested an ultrasound based on the advice of a urologist but it was denied because the penis looked normal. They prescribed me Norcos.
I have stopped masturbating and am putting my penis in positions to heal and taking it easy. But what has happened and what should I do to resolve this as soon as possible? Thank You.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2015
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hello

You need to see the urologist in person.

You need the ultrasound.

Damage can result in long term problems.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Hi Dr. Thomas,From what I read online because the penis is a normal shape there is no treatment that can be done. Surgery would be overkill for this case, and even if they did the ultrasound there would be no treatment prescribed? The best course of action I have been hearing is to wait it out and take care of it so it heals properly. If I damaged the Tunica albuginea, which is most likely, it is said to heal. I have read 6-8 weeks to heal completely? So I have to stop all intercourse for 8 weeks?Anyways I've provided you with all of the information I would like the best advice to free up my time and get me better. I don't have time to go and get an ultrasound if it won't help. What could they find out from the ultrasound? I don't feel like you gave me any new information other than what I would get from Google.

No you need to see a urologist.

What you have read is incorrect .

There can be subtle damage that can cause long term problems.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

What type of subtle damage and what would be the treatment for such subtle damage? My concern is that there is no necessary improvement that can be seen from an ultrasound for my case. Please let me know otherwise I am basically asking the same question because I am not satisfied with the answer. Everything I have read says that the ultrasound cannot result in any treatment for anything I may have. Please provide proof otherwise.

You have not been examined by a urologist.

You can have pain from tissude damage even if your penis is straight.

Scarring can occur and progress, and cause problems over time.

There is no way that anyone is going to recommendthat you watch this on your own, and forego a specialist examination.

TAhere can be damage to nerves, veings, etc.

If indicated by urologic exam, ultrasound should be done.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist