How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Brushite kidney stones, well one a bit larger than 14 mm in

Customer Question

Brushite kidney stones, well one a bit larger than 14 mm in dimensions has been sitting in the right mid paranchema. Shockwave and laser lithotripsys have failed. What's an alternative treatment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The stone in the parenchyma of the kidney cannot be removed. Unfortunately, that's stone can only be removed when it enters the drainage system of the kidney. If you still have remaining stone in the drainage system of the kidney, this can be removed by ureteroscopy in most instances and someone who is skilled at this procedure. If your surgeon is not skilled enough to remove it, then you should seek a second opinion at a major university medical center where they can most likely remove this. Hope this helps.