Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My husband is having a slight problem during sex. He gets

Customer Question
My husband is having a...
My husband is having a slight problem during sex. He gets and erection but it's irritating he has some pain at the top portion of his penis, and also loses his erection. Is it possible he might have sprained it during sex a week or so ago? He does not have inflammation or bruising just an annoying pain when he is erect.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
11/12/2015
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident replied 2 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident

Hi

Does the penis bend to one side during erections?

Were the erections good 2 weeks ago?

Can he recollect any injury during sex ?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

His erections were fine 2 weeks ago, and no it does not bend to one side. He thinks it's possible when we had oral sex it's forced pretty well so it could have been that it hit the back of my throat forcefully:( He does not have this pain or irritation when he does not have an erection.

Hi

Did he have severe pain or swelling during the oral sex when that happened?

When there is penile injury there is severe pain and swelling - did he have that ?

Does he smoke ?

Did he start any new medications?

Dr.Tharun

No pain or swelling during oral sex when it happened.
No severe swelling or pain.
Never smoked in his life.
He just recently took Extenze for a couple of days, but he had this problem prior to that.

HI

Without pain or swelling it is unlikely to have an injury severe enough to weaken the erections.

Sudden cause for weak erection can be psychogenic - mainly to due to stress and anxiety. If he is under undue work related stress this can happen.But this will not cause pain during erections.

One condition which can explain both pain and weak erection is peyronies disease.In this there is plaque formation in the penis which is inflammatory. This can cause pain during erections. It can lead to inability to maintain an erection as the pain acts as a deterrent and person will try to avoid the situation.

I would suggest him to see an urologist who can clinically examine him. The plaque can be visualized by doing a Doppler ultrasound of the penis. If there is plaque formation medications can be started which will arrest further progression and also decrease pain.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Dr.Tharun

Thank you for your recommendations - I really appreciate it!

You are welcome.

Dr.Tharun

Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident