Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Y - or whomever answers this Not sure if you have access to

Customer Question

Hi Dr Y - or whomever answers this Not sure if you have access to the prior information / questions/ answers. I had to undergo a nephrectomy for ureteral obstruction / chronic pyelo after a local urologist when in "blind" (no CT, no renal U/S, only a pelvic
ultrasound which stated "possible stone, recommend CT." I had a huge stone burden/ debris, which I believe led to stricture, etc. My urologist removed a stent 2 weeks laster, then blew me off when I was feeling ill- admitted to ICU with severe sepsis a few
hours later. After another 4 stents in 3 months, still with hydro - told I would have a ureteroureterostomy with reanastomosis. Woke up with a psoas hitch and reimplant. Transferred care from the hospital bed, but had sever pain in groin and right thigh. Dx'd
with GFN injury - have steroid/local injections into psoas every few weeks. Bad year (even a stress-induced cardiomyopathy leading to an MI). First urologist kept blaming me, I was drinking enough water etc. I had the same ESBL e.coli sepsis after both major
procedures. I personally think the ureter was perforated the first lithotripsy , as curvilinear calcifications in the ureter showed up on all 9 of the subsequent CTs. I never had a urine culture or CT prir to lithotripsy. I eventually had a nephrectomy and
take down of the psoas hitch about 8 weeks ago. soooooo, 1) Any idea how long the nerve pain/ burning/numbness will take to resolve? The groin and labia are numb but the top thigh stillhurts pretty bad. 2) I am a midwife, but didn't know much about urology
when this started (ie, should have requested a CT!). After a horrible year, I am considering filing a complaint against the urologist. He has refused to speak since I left the practice, not even a post-op consult to figure out why I had the reimplant. Do you
have any ideas who I could file a complaint with? I live in Cincinnati and thought about the Medical Board. I think he is Board Certified but not sure how to make a complaint. I think he is reckless, it cost me my kidney, and he should be monitored. 3) My
initial ureteral stone was approx. 3.5 cm total - 2 adjacent stones. I believe it was the stone debris that caused an obstruction with subsequent sepsis. Can stone debris cause ureter damage? Thank you for any help.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I do not have access to the other threads.

How long ago was the surgery?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.