Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have symptoms of a UTI, Urethritis, or Prostatitis. My

Customer Question

Hi;
I have symptoms of a UTI, Urethritis, or Prostatitis. My symptoms are:
1) Pain during ejaculation, burning-like, starts right before ejaculation and lasts for 2 or 3 minutes after.
2) Ramdom itching or burning at tip of penis
3) Semen does not come out with force, rather drips
4) Sometimes cloudy urine
I have no other pain anywhere else. I have been seeing a urologist and he is convinced it is Prostatitis. I have tried Doxycycline, Bactrim, Zithromax, and Cipro (twice), and nothing has worked.
I have asked for a shot of Rocephin but my urologist says it will not work. I kind of disagree as I read online how effective it is.
Thanks,
MJ
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you have tried many antibiotics already.

more antibiotics most likely won't work

you could have a viral or fungal infection inside of your prostate.

you should talk to your doctor about trying an antifungal agent to see if that helps.

also you need to avoid alcohol and caffeine in your diet which can cause irritation of your bladder and urethra.

you need to avoid smoking which can also irritate your bladder and prostate.

your kidneys excrete a lot of toxins out of your body. so the best way to help your bladder and prostate is to minimize the toxins in your body, by eating healthier and drinking more water and fluids, no alcohol or caffeine.

doing kegel exercises can help your lower pelvic muscles and strengthen your ejaculation strength. ejaculation strengthen doesn't come from your prostate gland.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

drinking more