Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have tio take a PETH test today I havent had anything to

Customer Question
drink in 3 days and...
I have tio take a PETH test today I havent had anything to drink in 3 days and I have had 2-3 beers a couple times a week will I pass?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
10/30/2015
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 2 years ago

This is Dr. David

PETH requires heavy drinking of 3-4 drinks a day for several days to be positive.

I bet your Peth test will be negative

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I went to new Orleans about a week and a half ago and had 5 or six beers will that play a factor?

yes, that could play a factor in the peth testing.

peth testing checks for heavy alcohol use within the last 3-4 prior weeks.

Is there any way to decrease my chances of failing it?

no, there is no way to beat a Peth tests.

if you have trouble with heavy alcohol use like this, you should seek medical counseling and support groups and treatment from your doctor to be able to stay away from alcohol

there are treatments which can help you stay away from alcohol.

Thank you I don't have drinking problem I just want to insure I don't fail this test....

I see.

the best way to insure you don't fail the test is to avoid alcohol completely prior to testing.

Well I have now for about 3 days but I am concerned with the 3 days in new Orleans a week ago.

yes, that could possibly affect your PETH test

that is good you have avoided alcohol for 3 days now.

keep avoiding alcohol and you will be fine.

Thank you

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, MD