Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a kidney stone dropped down to the bladder recently.

Customer Question

Cat scan is showing .7mm.
Been on cipro+ flow max+saw palmetto+cranberry juice for 2 weeks. Extreme discomfort at the tip of the penis seems like getting worse. Especially after ejaculation.
When stone was in the kidney blood in urine was present but no longer.
Waiting for the appointment of removal procedure of the stone at a hospital. Once the stone is removed will my discomfort disappear?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Once the stone is removed, the pain will go away. The stone is likely irritating the urethra and this is what is causing the pain. The doctor should also test the urine for infection to see if you need antibiotics to make the pain go away as well. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tingling sensation to extreme pain especially during urination.
Feels like I am peeing acid. At the end of urination it gets worse and takes about a minute
For the pain to ease up to a tolerable level. Always on the top 1" area of the penis.
Last 2 urine tests showing no white blood cell and no infection for that matter.
1 test 2 months ago showed micro crystals in urine.
I do however usually have an itchy sometimes light burning sensation starting at the prostate area and all the way to the front.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the stone is stuck in the urethra. Because you're hurting this bad, I would recommend that you get into the emergency room to have a urologist see you today. They probably need to do cystoscopy to pull the stone out.