How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Anthony Bray MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a uti infection

Customer Question

I think I have a uti infection
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.


You should be checked. See your doctor and have urine specimen checked. Your doctor may quickly identify or confirm if you have UTI and prescribe antibiotic for you.

Do you have fever? Flank pain? Nausea ? >> these are symptoms of a kidney type infection which would be more serious than bladder. Longer antibiotic treatment and closer follow up would be advised if this should be the case...

There is not an over the counter antibiotic per may have some benefit to take vitamin C 500mg twice a day as this makes urine more acidic and less favorable for bacteria...

Symptoms such as discomfort or burning with urination and bladder irritation Symptoms may be helped by AZO which you may get over the counter ....

Other conditions occasionally mimic a UTI such as an inflammatory disorder of the bladder >> interstitial cystitis...

I hope that this information is helpful .Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I Will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD