How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 30 years old and have had a problem with my foreskin

Customer Question

I am 30 years old and have had a problem with my foreskin since having sex on a regular basis with my fiance. My foreskin is tight and red at the end and is painful to have an erection with the head of my penis all the way out and I am often sore after sex and masturbation. Also due to cuts from my foreskin over time I have developed what looks to be scares/white bumps where the cuts have healed. I am considering some type of circumcision but I am very shy in reaching out to a doctor in person. I am hoping you can give me some advise?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. This sounds like you have a condition called phimosis. You need to see a urologist to consider a steroid cream called betamethasone for 6-8 weeks. If this doesn't help, then you will need a circumcision. Don't be shy about seeing a urologist about this. We see this type of problem everyday. Hope this helps.