How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 46688
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the protocol for a patient age 17 that still wets

Customer Question

What is the protocol for a patient age 17 that still wets the bed? Should I set up an appointment with a Urologist? Our pediatrician keeps saying he will outgrow it. Concerned parent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, he should see a urologist

and also a neurologist to see if the nerves controlling the bladder and pelvic floor are working properly.

water and drinks and fluid need to be limited after dinner.

let me know if you have questions.