How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 82 year old male with BPH 15 years. This morning I

Customer Question

I am a 82 year old male with BPH for over 15 years. This morning I noticed a drop or two blood at the end of my urine strea. INext two urination, I did not see any blood. At about 2 PM I saw blood, but less than what I saw when I woke up this morning. I suffered a serious urine infection after hospitalization where I had to wear a Katheter. Katheter is out only after that I suffered urine infection fighting some resistant bacteriaWhat should I do to resolve this issue
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple issues that I see here. The first is the blood in the urine. For that, you will need to see a urologist to do a special CT scan with IV contrast to evaluate the entire urinary track for the source of the bleeding. Possible causes include the infection, kidney stones, or even cancer of the urinary tract. You will then need cystoscopy to look inside the urinary tract to see where the bleeding is coming from.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

As for the resistant urinary tract infection, if your urologist cannot determine an appropriate or antibiotic to treat this, and you may need to be admitted to the hospital where an infectious disease doctor may need to review your urine cultures to determine the appropriate antibiotics to treat the infection completely. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.