Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am a 29 year old male and I had sex with a female 2 days

Customer Question

I am a 29 year old male and I had sex with a female 2 days ago but the condom broke and now I am experiencing frequent urination every 45 minutes. I went to urgent care, they took a urine sample and found nothing and sent me home with no medications, nothing. However I am still having these symptoms and it is very uncomfortable! I can't focus, can't do anything. Please help!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any discharge from the urethra?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, just frequent urination
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

The frequent urination that you have is most likely due to a urinary tract infection or an STD that you picked up from your sexual encounter. If the urgent care center did not send a culture to the lab, they need to do this. I would highly recommend that you see a primary care physician to do this as an urgent care center typically does not send a urine culture. The results of the urine culture typically take about three days to come back. When we see patients with your type of symptoms, we typically place them on prophylactic antibiotics. One such antibiotic would be Cipro. I would recommend that you get in to see a primary care doctor to do STD testing and culture and consider putting you on antibiotics. Hope this helps.