Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My 15year old son has swollen scrotum, it retracts and after

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Uduak. My 15year old son has swollen scrotum, it retracts and after some days returns but remains swollen. What could be the cause of this please?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying the swelling comes and goes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the swelling remains. The scrotum retreats into the body, and drops back down after some days.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Based on your description, it is possible that this may be a hernia. You need to bring him to see a pediatrician for an examination to see if this is a hernia. If it is, then you may need to see a pediatric surgeon to surgically fix this. Hope this helps.