Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

The other day I urine it looked like a sewage pond ive had

Customer Question

hi the other day I pissed brown urine it looked like a sewage pond ive had prostate exam and doctor said it was normal ive done semen test for culture my urine culture came back negative for bacteria but had high white blood cells and blood in urine what could this possible be and I had two little kidney stone but doctor said its not problem what else could this be could it be my kidney stones or what is it
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The only other thing that would really cause your urine to look like this is a chronic bladder infection or possibly severe dehydration. But kidney stones can certainly cause bleeding in the urine which can make your urine look dark brown. If your urine cultures were negative, then this may either be bleeding from your stone or dehydration. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could it be nonbacterial prostatitis. and what would you do for chronic bladder infection and how would you tell if its that

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No, chronic non-bacterial prostatitis is not likely the cause of the urine color change. For a chronic bladder infection, you would need to see a urologist to do a bladder ultrasound after you urinate to see if you are retaining urine. They then may need to do further tests on the bladder and urethra to determine the underlying cause. This may involve tests like cystoscopy to look inside the urethra.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what they do if its retaining? I done a cystoscopy 5 years ago when they said I had prostatitis non bacterial and it was inflamed prostate but that all they found and did nothing. but Ive never had urine in blood like that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what they do if its retaining? I did bladder ultrasound after you urinate I wasn't retaining any urine. I done a cystoscopy 5 years ago when they said I had prostatitis non bacterial and it was inflamed prostate but that all they found and did nothing. but Ive never had urine in blood like that ? my doctor goin to do an ultrasound to of kidney and prostate is that what u meant?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If they already did that ultrasound, then you are not retaining urine. I think a kidney and bladder ultrasound sounds like the next appropriate step to figure out what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what u think could be the problem based on what ive told you?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This is most likely either a stone or an anatomical anomaly that you were born with causing the infections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

anatomical anomaly that I was born with how you fix that or cure that?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

There are so many possible anomalies that I couldn't even begin to describe them all. The first thing to do is figure out what the underlying problem is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I did the ultrasound everything was negative other than 4mm kidney stone. what in the world could this be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I did the ultrasound everything was negative other than 4mm kidney stone. what in the world could this be? I also have an inflamed stomach and espogas cause they put a scope down my throat could all this be same stuff or what? or what could this possibly be? please help !

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This has nothing to do with your G.I. system. Without being able to examine the urine and look at your urine tests, I can't determine what this is. If your doctor can't determine what this is, it sounds like you need to seek a second opinion from a different urologist who can examine your urine to see what is wrong.