Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

First I should tell you I am diabebit type 2, for the last

Customer Question

First I should tell you I am diabebit type 2, for the last year I have been night incontinent. then I began getting bladder infections. Now for 3 months my urine is always yellow, I drink water in a bottle that is 16.9 oz. and I drink them down. Other drinks are cranberry grape from a 16 oz. mug with a lot of ice. About a week agoI started with a back ache, and over the last weekend I couldn't digest my food. when I ate about half hour later I was in severe pain, had loose bowels and I could not urinate no matter how bad I had to go. Now the pain is an ache but I haven't eaten anything that was difficult to digest. then for 3 days now I feel ill and the biggest problem I have and don't understand is I am getting a pushing feeling (like pushing a baby out)
and pains in my legs and my vaginal area is burning especially when I urinate. thank You
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you're having bladder spasms causing your symptoms. This could be due to retention of urine which can be due to your diabetes. Retention of urine can lead to chronic bladder infections. You need to get into see a urologist for an examination. You need to do a bladder ultrasound after you urinate to see how much urine you are retaining in the bladder. It is very common for diabetics to retain urine in the bladder due to damage to the bladder from the diabetes. Treatment will depend on exactly what your underlying problem is. You need to see a urologist for an evaluation. Hope this helps.