Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a uti and was giving medicine took it all it didn't go

Customer Question

I had a uti and was giving medicine took it all it didn't go away than went to the Dr and was giving cipro but the Dr called and said to stop that and have me amoxi cause of the culture I have one more day to go on that medicine but my lower back of killing me and I go pee and 2 min later go again and there is so much pressure in sick to my belly and just miserable
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

This sounds like you are having bladder spasms due to the infection. Your doctor can prescribe a medication called oxybutynin to help calm the bladder spasms while the antibiotics clear the infection. You should discuss this with your doctor. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was helpful
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.