Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My urine is very yellow (not dark) and it is very thick...a

Customer Question

Hello, my urine is very yellow (not dark) and it is very thick...a very high gravity.
I can see it swirling in the bowl of the toilet. It looks like spaghetti or heat waves moving through it....what do you think?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This is a sign of dehydration. You need to drink more water to dilute the urine so it is clear. If you take a multivitamin, this can also make the urine look like this. This would be normal and nothing to be concerned about. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I don't know if that would be accurate sir, with all due respect. I do drink a lot of fluids throughout the course
of the day I may drink 2 liters or water and about the same in sport drinks. I for the last 2 years would say that have
had yellow urine every single time except for a few...that even includes when drinking beer-high return rate. Is this something
that I need to be worried about? I don't take multi vitamins because I am anemic and it causes my stomach a tremendous discomfort, actually I throw up. I was pre diabetic and was feelin some symptoms, I think that this is one of them. When I lost about 40 pounds this summer all of the symptoms cleared up and I feel much better.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Diabetes can cause glucose to appear in the urine. This can possibly cause the urine findings you see. Your best bet is to see your doctor to do a urinalysis to see what is wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think that I may still have signs of diabetis even though I am down to 200# ***** 6'? I know that is not
skinny but I have not been feeling any real symptoms such as tiredness, low sex drive etc.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to have any symptoms to have diabetes. You certainly still good have diabetes. If you have not been tested for it recently. You need to see your doctor to be tested for it.