Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

R.... About 4 months ago I started experiencing a

Customer Question

Hi Dr. R.... About 4 months ago I started experiencing a significantly decreased sex drive. Attributed this to the stress of a breakup and work at the time. My genitals felt numb and erection strength was dimished. Skin on the penile shaft seemed dry. Saw a Derm who recommended using a simple moisurizer and saw no abnormalities. While sex drive has returned to near normal dryness be decreased overall sensitivity remain as well as decreased sensation during orgasm.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend that you get in to see a urologist for an examination. It is possible that you may have low testosterone levels that may be reading to your lower sex drive ability to achieve pleasure during orgasm. If your testosterone is low, that you may need to be starting testosterone therapy. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will schedule a consult ASAP. I considered this but many of the other symptoms that I've read about don't apply. Once the strength of my erections returned I dispensed with the idea of low testosterone.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't dismiss this possibility without an evaluation for it. You should see your urologist for this evaluation.