How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My testicle was bothering me so went to the doctor. He gave

Customer Question

My testicle was bothering me so went to the doctor. He gave me a urine test and came back negative. The next day I started to have stinging sensation on the top shaft of my penis. It doesn't hurt at all when I pee and there is no discharge from my penis. I am wondering if I should be concerned about an STD.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

If you are sexually active, then yes, this could be related to an STD. In this case, you should go be tested by your doctor for all STDs and you may need to be placed on a course of antibiotics for this. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if I had a negative urine test? I don't see any other signs just uncomfortable around the rim of my penis head.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Even if you had a negative urine test. STDs have to be tested for specifically with a test that is targeted to STDs. This is not detected on a routine urine test. You need to be tested specifically for STDs.