How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband seems to have an obstruction in s penis, it looks

Customer Question

my husband seems to have an obstruction in his penis, it looks like the tube is blocked in the middle which leds to split stream of pee when he urinates. I was wondering if this could cause fertility problems - would this affect the quality and quantity of sperm in his ejaculate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If he has an obstruction in the urethra such as a structure, this can lead to the findings that you described it with his urine stream. This can also block the flow of semen out of the urethra and lead to infertility. He needs to get into see a urologist to do a test called cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see if he has scar tissue that needs to be opened up. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can actually see d blockage, it is close to the tip of the penis. Will a cystoscopy still apply?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. They will need to do cystoscopy as well as an x-ray test called a retrograde urethrogram to see how long this blockage is. This will determine how the blockage needs to be treated.