How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

62 yrs ago when I was circumcised, it was botched. I have a

Customer Question

62 yrs ago when I was circumcised, it was botched. I have a 3/4in scar of foreskin in the middle of my penis. I have gone to a couple of urologists and they said they could shave off the scar but if could come back even larger. I am not sure why a plastic
surgeon could not remove the scar tissue and suture it .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Your urologist is right. Anytime a scar is present and you cut it out, you're just exchanging one scar for another smaller scar. Even if a plastic surgeon does it, you will have the same result. But if the scar is that bad, you can have the plastic surgeon take a look to see if it is worth removing the scar. Hope this helps.