Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Have had off and on pain when urinating..now I have pain

Customer Question

Have had off and on pain when urinating..now I have pain inside while having sex..went to obgyn today tested urine pH a little high..during exam the doctor pressed on the bladder and it really hurt and burned. She gave me cipro for seven days..will this help..worried about bladder cancer
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the Cipro will most likely help. These are not symptoms of bladder cancer. Bladder cancer would cause blood to show up in the urine. You need to complete the course of antibiotics you were given and the pain should go away. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last thurs. I had stabbing pain when I urinated..it really hurt..I had light colored blood blood for a short period of time...maybe an hour or so..but nothing since..is blood there more frequently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering..get worried easily..I had blood at first when the uti started but it was light and only lasted a short time..can an uti develop over some time
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This blood is likely from the infection. But you should see a urologist to do a formal evaluation to include a CT scan and cystoscopy to rule out cancerous causes of bleeding. Hope this helps.