How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 45955
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on testosterone treatments on 15 years

Customer Question

I have been on testosterone treatments for going on 15 years (injections) .. I am dealing with a new doctor ( endricinologist )who doesn't seem to understand hormone treatments very well. He never wants my opinion on how the dosages work for me.. I was once taking the right dosages (with another doctor ) to make me feel better, but this new one cut me back because he said my testosterone levels were in the normal range.. He considers normal in the 300- 500 range, but for me those levels don't work.. I need to be in the 550 to 800 range to have any effect on me.. Everyone reacts different to dosages..He doesn't seem to understand that.. He is going by the book.. I need to find a different doctor who will listen to me.. Can you recommend a source for urologists .. I would rather work with a urologist than an endicronologist, only because this current doctor put me through a barrage of testing to see if I really needed testosterone treatments .. I told him that I have had low T for years, but he wouldn't listen. None of the tests (MRI's etc )came back showing any other issues with pituitary (except low T) It took 7 months of testing to find out what I told him was true.... My last score was 137.. That was only two weeks after my last depo injection..I am very frustrated with him.. I just need a bit higher dosage to feel right, but he thinks I'm ok the way that he sees it on his charts.. Please help..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

what zip code are you in? or what county?

I need this information to help you find a urologist close to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My zip code is 16735
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Here are some options

  • David K Godfrey MD


    Bradford, PA 16701

  • Osama Al-Omar MD

    2 W Crescent Park

    Warren, PA 16365

  • Peter J Walter MD

    2 Farm Colony Dr

    Warren, PA 16365

  • Donald Henry Rudick MD


    Saint Marys, PA 15857

  • let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your opinion on my current situation. ? Do you think I am justified for looking for another DR.. and do you think I am justified for thinking the way I do about the treatments.. ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes you can look for another urologist to work towards higher testosterone levels for you to help your symptoms

but higher testosterone can get converted into estrogen and cause breast growth and breast tenderness

so this can be a problem with higher levels of testosterone.