How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr abid Your Own Question
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
dr abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a male, 24. I've had problems with frequent urination

Customer Question

I'm a male, 24. I've had problems with frequent urination forever. It started becoming acutely apparent since I was about 15. Whenever I drink a glass of water, I have to go within the next 15 to 20 mins. And I don't even drink that much during a given day. It's as if all that water goes straight down to the bladder without any of it being absorbed. I've tried vesicare for a while suggested by a urologist but it didn't do anything.
I also have had strong unpleasant body odor (coming only from the armpits) since I was 15. I've tried all possible remedies (different diets, supplements etc) and seen all kinds of doctors. No one has a solution.
I'm wondering if there are any conditions you can think that might be causing both of these symptoms.
Thank you!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ...

Please tell me have you had your blood glucose levels ?

Have you had your thyroid function test ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did have my thyroid tests and everything came out alright. I was also checked for any diabetic conditions but again everything came out fine.
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for info ...

As you have had your test already done and nothing came to be positive then next step is that you should get Urodynamic studies to know the reason of your frequent urination , this is the only test that will give you the answer of your question .

So proceed with Urodynamic study .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Abid,Where can I get those studies done? Who does them? What is the procedure like?
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

Urologist will advise this study for you , you should ask your Urologist for that as this study will help you to reach the diagnosis .

So go to your Urologist and ask for it .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

I will be happy if you rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

This study will be done by placing electrodes on specific area , this is not invasive procedure .

Good luck .