Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

During sex the other day, I heard and felt a pop in my

Customer Question

During sex the other day, I heard and felt a pop in my penis. I didn't think anything of it and continued. I didn't lose the erection or feel any pain. The next day I noticed a lump on the upper side of my penis near the base. I only noticed it when I was erect but it was sore to the touch. The day after that it was still there and also minor pain in the left side of my erect penis. It doesn't hurt otherwise but it's now tender there. Will/can this go away on its own or should I go to a doctor or get it checked out at the hospital? I've been reading up on similar cases and it makes me think it's a ruptured vein or "false fracture". There still isn't any bruising, swelling while flacid or deformation and the incident happened 3-4 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes, this sounds like you may have a full fracture which is typically due to a blood clot forms and one of the superficial veins on the beans. This is not harmful. However, you potentially may have a small fracture of the penis as well. The only way to differentiate us to see a urologist for an actual examination of your penis. I would highly recommend that you see a urologist for an exam. But based on what you tell me, and it sounds like you did not cause any serious harm to your penis. Hope this helps.