Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I am 62 years old. approximately one month ago noticed tea

Customer Question

I am 62 years old. approximately one month ago noticed tea colored urine and urinalysis confirmed hematuria. Gross hematuria (tea colored urine) is intermittent but three urine tests have confirmed blood in the urine. Had a CT scan done about two weeks ago and it indicated moderate enlarged prostate and mild thickening of the circumference of the bladder. At times i also have a burning sensation in the urethra and occasionally a very strong urge to urinate - especially after drinking coffee - at times have lost urine before I got to the lavatory. I am scheduled for a cystoscopy this week. My main concern is whether this could be cancerous or is it just related to an enlarged prostate?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 2 years ago.

HI

Do you smoke?

Are you hypertensive ?

Exposure to chemicals at work ?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun