Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I had a lot of cranberry juice in the last week and my stool

Customer Question
has been normal until today...
I had a lot of cranberry juice in the last week and my stool has been normal until today its red can the cranberry juice cuae that. I have no pains anywhere
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/8/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Drinking large amounts of cranberry juice may potentially turn your stool slightly red. But this does not rule out the presence of blood in your stool. You need to get into see your doctor to have your stool testing to see if there's blood. If you have blood, then you will need to have a colonoscopy updated. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist