Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I need a second opinion for my mother. the urologist that

Customer Question

hi I need a second opinion for my mother. the urologist that just operated my mom wants to keep operating on her without explaining to us what is going on. the doctor almost killed my mom after he lied and told us her white blood cells were too high. They were perfect as her platelets and he hurt my mother and I. Please help we need a second opinion. Thank You
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

What operation did she have and why did she have it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doctor. Her white blood cells and platelets were perfect. Doctor Silverstein stated that she was dying after he saw her for half a minute. My mother was in the emergency room two days before and they found a 5mm un trusive kidney stone in her left kidney. She tested positive for a bacteria, but everything else was perfect. Did he have to do surgery so fast and almost killing my mother. Couldn't that infection be with antibiotics and rest. He lied to us and stated her white blood cells were high they weren't and now he wants to operate on my mom again and again. This most stop we need help. The last day of my moms stay in the hospital he told her she should stay. the good doctor Adler stated that we could go home. This doctor not only hurt my mother but me also. Was the surgery necessary or it was done to fast and without standard of care. Please help what you can. The doctor stated he put a stint and we have no proof of what happened. He wants my mother to go in blindfold again. Fool us once shame on you. Fool us twice shame on us. He made her bleed for almost 4 days doctor. He is also saying that the kidney stone is still there and it can be taken out with laser. He is out of his mind. Please advise
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
I understand that you're upset because she almost died from this. Fortunately, it sounds to me like her doctor actually did treat her appropriately. She did not almost die because of the operation. She most likely became very sick due to obstruction from the kidney stone. This led to an infection of the year and behind the kidney stone which caused her to become very sick. The manipulation that was necessary to place a stent stirred up the bacteria and made her sick. Without the surgery that she had, she most likely would've died. Because the stone is still in the ureter, she will need to have surgery with a laser to remove the stone. This will need to be done once her infection is cleared and once she has been evaluated by a hematologist to figure out why she is prone to bleeding so much. It sounds to me like her doctor is treating her appropriately as any urologist would've treated her. Hope this helps.