Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

2 days ago I fainted after waking up in my bed. I am feeling

Customer Question

2 days ago I fainted after waking up in my bed. I am feeling ok now but still a little groggy . I'm wondering why this could have happened and what I should do? I should add that I have fainted a few times in my life (every 5-10 years) and I also just
got off birth control- microgestine fe/21 a month ago. Please help..
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This is a serious problem that I will not be able to figure out over the Internet. Your fainting could be due to low blood pressure, a vasovagal response ( something to stimulate you to lower your blood pressure ) to something, or some problem with the beating of your heart. You need to get into see your doctor immediately or go to an urgent care center is you will need to be evaluated for this immediately. Hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fainted before and had all kinds of tests done!! My heart and brain are fine- I'm going for blood work tomorrow to check for anemia and low sugar..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should also add that I always have low blood pressure..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tend to faint when I get nervous..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to the ER for an evaluation this is not normal.