Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Findings: intense hyperemia in the trigone and the xxxx

Customer Question

findings: intense hyperemia in the trigone and the xxxx protion of the posterior bladder wall.
No mass lesion seen
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did a checkup 12 years ago and discovered that I have microscopic haematuria.
I did series of tests and finally did a cystoscopy (result is attached).
I was given a medication after the procedure and subsequent tests did not find blood in my urine.
I did another medical checkup last year and it again showed haematuria.I want to know the possible causes of Hyperemia of bladder contained in the cystoscopy findings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have a history of smoking?
Did they do a biopsy of this area? What did it show?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used to smoke but stopped 4 years ago.
No they did not do a biopsy
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This hyperemia can either be due to infection or it could be possibly tumor. You would need to have a biopsy done of this area to figure out exactly what this is. We need to discuss this with urologist. Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. Does hyperemia in the bladder kind of rule out kidney malfunction in the haematuria diagnosis?
2. Is there any relationship between smoking and hyperemia or haematuria?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
No, hyperemia the water does not rule out kidney is the cause of the bleeding. You can have at the same time as well.
Yes, smoking can lead to bladder cancer which can cause hyperemia.