Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have burning tingling on foreskin is this a nerve problem

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/22/2015
Urologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Since when do you have this symptom? Is it always present or occurs intermittently? Are you on any medications or suffer from any medical condition? Any other symptoms such as discharge from penis?

worst when sitting goes when standing or lying down no discharge sore tip of foreskin

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your description this sounds more due to the inflammation of the foreskin which may be due to infection. You need to have routine urine investigations and other indicated tests done. Your doctor will prescribe the antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications if indicated after the examination and the results of the investigations. Presently soaking in a warm bath with the foreskin retracted (if retractile and not painful) will help with cleaning and relieve your present symptoms.

Take care.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist