How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Psa of 5.1 my primary has asked me to see a urologist.

Customer Question

psa of 5.1 my primary has asked me to see a urologist. talked to a friend an anasthesiologist and he recommends that i do not undergo any further testing your thoughts
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a family history of prostate cancer?
Do you have an enlarged prostate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you there
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
In this case, because of your family history of prostate cancer, you are definitely at increased risk for having prostate cancer with your elevated PSA. You need to get into see a urologist to have a biopsy done of your prostate to rule out cancer. Once the aggressiveness of the cancer is determined to have it, then you can make a decision whether or not it should be treated or just observed. Hope this helps.