How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had that little "third like testicle" all of my life.

Customer Question

I have had that little "third like testicle" all of my life. I remember one urologist calling in a younger trainee to show him, and informed him that it is somewhat common and not something to be concerned about. I am now 92 and have never had any problem relating to this, however, it has in recent years enlarged somewhat. Is this a problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
It's possible that you may have just developed a fluid collection around the testicle called a hydrocele causing it to feel larger. I would recommend that you see a urologist for an examination and possibly an ultrasound to see if this is the case. If it is, this is completely harmless. But the ultrasound should also be done just to make sure that this is nothing such as cancer that is causing it to become larger. Cancer would be extremely unlikely.